Bank workers in Kunming spent eight hours counting 5,000 yuan in one jiao 0.1 yuan coins thanks to a Chinese man who paid an assault fine with some serious spite.
The argument turned physical, with Wu suffering a brain contusion and her husband leaving with three broken ribs.
A court awarded Wu damages. After paying her the bulk of the 68,000 yuan $11,000 fine, the noodle restaurant owner gave the remaining 10,000 yuan $1,600 in eight large bags of coins.
Wu deposited half of the change, which took 18 peeved bank workers all day. Though, this means that Wu is still chilling with a few hundred bucks of Chinese dimes.Source: Chinese Man Pays For Assault Charges With Dimes – Business Insider
- Chinese Man Pays Fine In Coins – 18 Bank Workers Count Money Whole Day [PHOTO] (muzicupdate.wordpress.com)
- Bank Employees Spend All Day Counting 10,000 RMB in Coins (chinasmack.com)
- Chinese Man Pays Fine In Coins – 18 Bank Workers Count Money Whole Day (naijaoddstories.wordpress.com)
- Zombie borrowers haunt Chinas shadow banks (chinadailymail.com)
- China: Spending a penny could cost 100 yuan in Shenzhen (chinadailymail.com)
- Yuan Touches Record High Against Dollar (blogs.wsj.com)
- Yunnan couple receives RMB10,000 compensation in 100,000 coins (wantchinatimes.com)
Categories: Finance & Economy