The bomber is 28 to 30 metres long, much smaller than the US B-1B’s 44 meters length.
According to foreign military fans’ speculation, the H-18 has a range of 8,000 to 9,000 km and a maximum combat radius of 3,500 to 3,700 km, a speed of Mach 2 and a load of weapons of 12 to 15 tons.
It may also carry 4 Yingji-12 supersonic anti-ship missiles or 4 Jingji-100 super long-range anti-ship missiles to destroy an aircraft carrier.
It has adopted lots of stealth technology to become the world’s first stealth fighter-bomber and stealth supersonic bomber.Source: huanqiu.com “Hot topic abroad: China’s H-18 stealth bomber probably able to attack Guam” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China to build huge super nuclear bomber carrying over 200 nuclear bombs (chinadailymail.com)
- China has technology to build VTOL J-20 stealth fighter jet (chinadailymail.com)
- Is China’s H-18 bomber a joke?: Duowei News (wantchinatimes.com)
- PLA designing long-range stealth bomber: expert (wantchinatimes.com)
- Russia’s New Stealth Bomber? (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Rare image of a B-2 stealth bomber and its Massive Ordnance Penetrator bunker buster bomb (theaviationist.com)
- How Many B-2 Stealth Bombers Can Fly Right Now? (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- A Rare Image of the US Bunker Buster that May Bomb Iran (jewishpress.com)
- No More Nuclear-Tipped Cruise Missiles (defenseone.com)
- Boeing puts bid on new generation of bombers to be built in Missouri (fox2now.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace