The man taunted the two tigers for twenty minutes, offering his flesh to them and asking to be eaten.
Despite desperate attempts to enrage the animals, 27-year-old Yang Jinhai escaped with only minor cuts and scratches after one of the tigers dragged him by the back of his clothes. According to onlookers, the other tiger ran away from the commotion as soon as Jinhai jumped into the pen.
Zoo keepers were able to rescue Jinhai after tranquillising the tiger that dragged him. Once questioned by staff, the man said he felt sad for the caged beasts as they were unable to hunt naturally for food. He wanted to improve their conditions by offering himself to them as game.
According to family members, Jinhai had been suffering from depression for quite some time. After his actions at the zoo, he was admitted to a local institution where hopefully he will receive the treatment and support he needs.Source: RocketNews24 – “Man jumps into tiger enclosure in China and asks to be eaten”
- Suicidal man tries to feed himself to tigers, is ignored (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- Depressed man offers himself as sacrifice to Bengal tiger in Chinese zoo, miraculously escaped … (ibnlive.in.com)
- Unemployed man in China tries to feed himself to tigers (straitstimes.com)
- Chinese man gets mauled by white tiger after jumping into enclosure in Chengdu Zoo (thisismoney.co.uk)
- Video: Man tries to feed himself to tigers, fails (emirates247.com)
- Man in China tries to feed himself to tigers (channelnewsasia.com)
- Depressed factory worker is mauled by Chinese zoo’s white tiger after offering HIMSELF up as food in front of horrified onlookers. (globalvillenews.com)
- Depressed man jumps into tiger enclosure ‘so he can be eaten’ (metro.co.uk)
- VIDEO | Suicidal Man in China tries to feed himself to tigers (mitsueki.wordpress.com)
- Western China’s rise set to ecplise that of the East; Chengdu seeks to become a global financial hub (chinadailymail.com)
Categories: Human Rights & Social Issues