The following is a translation from Chinese media:
It has been stressed that there was no politics in US first lady Michelle Obama’s China visit, but the arrangement of her last meal at a Tibetan restaurant gave China the message of US support for the Dalai Lama.
She gave the US the advice that only those with high virtues are able to bear great responsibilities, hinting that the US wants to bear the great responsibilities to be world leader but lacks the moral integrity to do so.
There was a wars of words and implications in actions under the guise of friendly diplomacy.Source: gggjs.com (3G Military) – “US first lady visits China, unexpectedly gets a lesson from the Chinese” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Obama’s meeting with Dalai Lama irks China (chinadailymail.com)
- China shows off its own Panchen Lama on trip outside mainland (chinadailymail.com)
- China says no to foreign rights monitors for Tibet (chinadailymail.com)
- Picture of first lady Peng Liyuan singing to Tiananmen troops erased by China censors (chinadailymail.com)
- Implied Criticisms in Words and Actions under Friendly First Ladies’ diplomacy (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- First ladies at the Forbidden City: Michelle Obama and Peng Liyuan kick off tour together (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama wraps China trip (skynews.com.au)
- Michelle Obama Generates Internet Comment After Tibetan Lunch (voatibetanenglish.com)
- Michelle Obama wraps China trip with panda (sbs.com.au)
- Michelle Obama’s China trip takes on Tibetan theme (wjla.com)
Categories: Politics & Law