In my book Space Era Strategy: The Way China Beats The U.S., I point out that China’s ambitious space program is carried out by its military while the U.S. space program is managed by an agency independent from its military.
I list in my book that China has surpassed, and is surpassing, the US in aerospaceplane, hypersonic weapon, anti-satellite (ASAT) capabilities, anti-ASAT system, satellite global positioning system, drone, AEW&C aircraft and other innovations. Most of them are related to space.
If the U.S. fails to switch its outdated Air-Sea Battle strategy to focus on space technology, it will certainly be beaten by China by 2022 when China has a large space station as the base for its aerospace bombers.
The following is the full text of Reuters report:
China eyes first space station by around 2022
China expects to establish its first space station by around 2022, building upon the experience of an experimental module already in orbit, state media said on Wednesday.
China’s leaders have set a priority on advancing its space program, with President Xi Jinping calling for the country to establish itself as a space power.
In China’s manned space mission last year, three astronauts spent 15 days in orbit and docked with an experimental space laboratory, the Tiangong (Heavenly Palace) 1.
Yang Liwei, deputy head of China’s Manned Space Agency and also the country’s first man in space, said the follow-up Tiangong 2 was likely to be launched in about 2016.
Then, in around 2018, the core of the space station would be launched with completion set for four years later, the official Xinhua news agency cited Yang as saying.
China has previously said a working space station would be ready by around 2020.
The country insists that its space program is for peaceful purposes.
The U.S. Defence Department has highlighted China’s increasing space capabilities, however, saying China was pursuing activities aimed at preventing its adversaries from using space-based assets during a crisis.
China must still master launching cargo and fuel via space freighters and recycling air and water for extended manned missions, state media have said.Source: Reuters “China eyes first space station by around 2022” Related book: Chan Kai Yee Space Era Strategy: The Way China Beats The U.S.
- China Developing Freight Spacecraft for Its Space-Air Bombe dated September 3, 2014
- Emergence of China’s New Integrated Space and Air Force Shocks the World dated June 25, 2014
- Secrets of the Space Weapons China Will Develop dated June 19, 2014
- China Shocks the US with its Aerospace Fighter Able to Reach the US in One Hour dated April 25, 2014
- Xi’s Stress on China’s Space-Air Battle Capability Rouses Widespread Concerns dated April 17, 2014
- Xi Jinping Counters US Air-Sea Battle with Space-Air Battle dated April 16, 2014
- How to buy Chan Kai Yee’s new book ‘Space Era Strategy – The Way China Beats The U.S.’ (chinadailymail.com)
- Revamping defence strategy vital for US to prevent being surpassed by China (chinadailymail.com)
- China claims its aerospace fighter is able to reach US in one hour (chinadailymail.com)
- China speeds up building artificial island on Johnson South Reef, in defiance of Philippines protests (chinadailymail.com)
- China Developing Freight Spacecraft for Its Space-Air Bomber (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Graphene China’s Mystic Super New Material for Aircraft, Spacecraft (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- China Eyes First Space Station by Around 2022 (voanews.com)
- China eyes first space station by around 2022 (dailymail.co.uk)
- China’s space station to be established around 2022 (nanowerk.com)
- China’s Space Station is Still On Track (spacedaily.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace