Some Muslims wanted attention… They got it. Japan authorised millions in aid to fight terrorism. Myanmar calls on China to help them fight against terrorist attacks, ostensibly being launched from inside China.
Beijing may not like being asked to turn their attention away from the great threat it feels from Taiwan. But, the terrorists in Myanmar don’t have yellow umbrellas.
And President Xi is internationally considered to be almost as “great” as Chairman Mao himself! So, Myanmar may not get as much attention as Hong Kong. China is also being asked to help with Afghanistan.
Taiwan’s economic relationship with Beijing may have been an attempt to exploit Beijing’s greed, biding their time and getting rich off of China until unification with Taiwan would work in Taiwan’s interest and against China’s—and probably never happen at all.
Perhaps Beijing will learn: There is more to international magnanimity than targeting the most peaceful and defenseless of Pacific islets. Magnanimity requires bringing peace where there is conflict, rather than threatening conflict where there is peace.
From inside China? Just when we thought news couldn’t be more entertaining
…The Taipei mayor who thumbed his nose at Beijing
Source: Pacific Daily Times
- Hong Kong Financier: Hongkongers Are Not China’s Enemies (theepochtimes.com)
- Cost of Living Difference: Renting in China – The Shared Wall – Rent.com | The Shared Wall (rent.com)
- Prelude to Conflict: Asia, February 16 (chinadailymail.com)
- Prelude to Conflict: Asia, January 26 (chinadailymail.com)
- Prelude to Conflict: Asia, December 29 (chinadailymail.com)
- Prelude to Conflict: Asia, November 10 (chinadailymail.com)
- Myanmar Border Conflict Tests China (voatibetanenglish.com)
- China says resignation of top Taiwan official won’t affect ties (channelnewsasia.com)
- MAC urges Beijing not to implement new Taiwan Strait route (wantchinatimes.com)
- China says resignation of top Taiwan official won’t affect ties (ajw.asahi.com)
Categories: Prelude to Conflict