The following is a translation from Chinese media:
The ICBM has a range of 11,200 km, and is able to cover the whole United States. It is launched from a mobile platform and takes only 5 minutes to enter its ballistic trajectory, making it difficult for US spy satellites to detect and trace in time. In addition, as the trajectory is snake shaped, it is very difficult to intercept.
It speculates that China is developing the three-in-one second strike nuclear force with mobile ICBMs, strategic nuclear submarines and strategic nuclear bombers. It has the former two and is developing the third.
Source: Global Times “Russian media: China launched its mobile ICBM for the first time to become the third ranking nuclear power” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Chinese nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S. (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s formidable rocket artillery; 10,000 nuclear warheads capable of destroying Russia and United States (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media claims three strategic nuclear submarines berthed in Hainan are superior to current submarines (chinadailymail.com)
- China is developing a ‘super-missile’ with multiple nuclear warheads (chinadailymail.com)
- China claims to have successfully tested a multi-warhead ICBM able to hit entire US (chinadailymail.com)
- China First Test Launch of Mobile ICBM to Become Third Nuclear Power (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- China gets its first mobile-launched ICBM: Russian media (wantchinatimes.com)
- US: Stockpile stewardship or nuclear terrorism? (theunhivedmind.com)
- Overblown: Russia’s Empty Nuclear Sabre-Rattling (nationalinterest.org)
- North Korea Has ICBM EMP Nukes on Submarines (ncrenegade.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace