The following is based on translations from Chinese media:
It revealed that Russian President Vladimir Putin was prepared to order Russian nuclear troops to be ready to fight in order to ensure that Crimea would return to Russia.
A recent Russian public opinion poll found that 50% of Russian citizens support Putin in using nuclear weapons while only 27% of them worried about that.
The website, a mouthpiece of the Chinese government, said that it admired the Russian people and Russia’s leader for this stance.
Source: huanqiu.com “A fighting nation is indeed fierce: a half of Russian citizens supported Putin to use nuclear weapons” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Why China will “reclaim” Siberia (chinadailymail.com)
- India and Russia back China’s call for ‘new world order’ to counter US (chinadailymail.com)
- Putin’s fear of China weakens Russia’s Asia pivot (chinadailymail.com)
- Are China and Russia Moving toward a Formal Alliance? (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s grand military parade ‘meant to deter Japan and corrupt officials’ (chinadailymail.com)
- China Admires Russian People’s Support for Putin’s Mad Nuclear Move (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Russia was ready’ to use nukes to occupy Crimea , report (yalibnan.com)
- Western media reports on Russian ‘nuclear threat’ not serious – Kremlin (tass.ru)
- Ukraine conflict: Vladimir Putin ‘was ready for nuclear alert’ (theguardian.com)
- President Vladimir Putin Has Said He Was Ready To Put Russia’s Nuclear Weapons On Standby During … (popist.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace