The following is based on a translation from a report in Chinese media:
Some photos show the fighter jet in PLA air force coating, which indicates it has been commissioned.
However, some photos show a J-16 number 1612 in yellow testing coating, used prior to commissioning.
The aircraft has a speed reduction board on its back, which the Su-30 does not have.
Source: qianzhan.com “Disclosure of photos of PLA J-16, which seems to have delivered to Chinese air force judging by its coating” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China’s version of Russia’s Su-34 bomber will finish wind tunnel test soon (chinadailymail.com)
- China: PLA signs preliminary deal for 24 Russian Su-35 jet fighters (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese naval vessel tries to force U.S. warship to stop in international waters (chinadailymail.com)
- Indonesia joins push against China; beefs up air force in South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- Japanese fighter jets have to scramble daily to ward off Chinese incursions (chinadailymail.com)
- J-16 multirole aircraft turns defense into offense for PLA (wantchinatimes.com)
- The Chinese Air Force’s Super Weapon: Beware the J-11D Fighter (thetruthseeker.co.uk)
- The Chinese Air Force’s Super Weapon: Beware the J-11D Fighter (nationalinterest.org)
- China’s advanced J-11D heavy fighter jet takes maiden flight (alrasub.com)
- China’s advanced J-11D heavy fighter jet takes maiden flight (rt.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace