The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media:
The report was focussed on China’s use of next-generation nuclear submarines.
Among the 15 photos there is one showing the launch of a missile from under water.
The caption of the photos says that Western media is paying great attention to the development of China’s third- and fourth-generation nuclear submarines.
The photos of the most recently emerged of three Chinese nuclear submarines published by Britain’s Jane’s Defence Weekly indicates that China is expanding its nuclear submarine fleet on a large scale.
However, the report says nothing about which of the Chinese submarines can attack the US homeland and how such submarines would do so.
The 15 photos of the Chinese nuclear submarine can be viewed at http://war.163.com/photoview/4T8E0001/91326.html#p=AR6300JV4T8E0001
Source: war.163.com – “For the first time China is able to attack US homeland with conventional weapons” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Chinese nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S. (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media claims three strategic nuclear submarines berthed in Hainan are superior to current submarines (chinadailymail.com)
- China claims successful development of 4th generation nuclear submarine (chinadailymail.com)
- China has built twelve new AIP submarines, while Japan has built only five (chinadailymail.com)
- China says it’s massive navy buildup is world’s biggest (chinadailymail.com)
- PLA developing submarines powered by lithium-ion batteries (wantchinatimes.com)
- Can China’s Nuclear Submarines Blockade India? (nationalinterest.org)
- Navy monitors China’s nuclear submarine threat in Indian Ocean (msn.com)
- Navy Alert to Chinese Nuclear Submarine Threat in Indian Ocean (ndtv.com)
- China completes development of fourth-generation low-noise submarine (english.pravda.ru)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace