The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media. The opinons stated are those of the Chinese government, and not necessarily those of China Daily Mail:
Ding Jiahe, a pilot of the North Sea Fleet, told a reporter of the weekly that he saw airfields expanded and missiles deployed on the islands and reefs that were taken illegally by other countries from China.
What he has found in his reconnaissance flights have often been used by spokesmen of Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs as indisputable evidence.
He has monitored the illegal oil wells that certain countries illegally exploited oil in the waters claimed by China, taken photos and notes of the location, equipment and the amount of oil exploited.
He said that in the past, he seldom saw Chinese ships in the sea areas monitored by him but now he often sees Chinese fishery administration and coast guard ships there and whenever he sees some foreign warships with “certain intention”, there are always Chinese warships nearby.
Source: Oriental Outlook “Our warplanes conduct air reconnaissance of islands and reefs taken by others from China illegally in the South China Sea: Airfields expanded, missiles deployed” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China to build South China Sea military base in waters claimed by Philippines and Vietnam (chinadailymail.com)
- China says carrier tests in South China Sea going well (chinadailymail.com)
- Philippines police detain Chinese fishing boat in South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- China responds to US ‘provocations’ in South China Sea by a direct challenge, increasing building on artificial islands (chinadailymail.com)
- China threatens restricted flight zone over entire South China Sea, giving them the right to shoot down unauthorised planes (chinadailymail.com)
- Philippines Steps Up Drills With US, Japan Forces Near South China Sea (irrawaddy.org)
- Typhoon to hit China’s Hainan, seen easing drought (dailymail.co.uk)
- Philippines holds drills with US, Japan near disputed sea (mysanantonio.com)
- Philippines holds drills with US, Japan near disputed sea (cnsnews.com)
- Japanese plane circles over S.China Sea (thanhniennews.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace