China moves more and more with money. The economy is crashing, largely due to the Communist doctrine that citizens do not own land—something we rarely read about.
China also gears up for both war and investment contingency. BRICS was ratified this week. New national “interests” rhetoric and policy came from Beijing, implying war against Taiwan more than recently.
The Taiwan problem comes from documentation. When the Japanese surrendered in 1945, they gave up Taiwan, which China had surrendered properly to Japan. But Japan never stated who they were giving Taiwan over to, technically rendering Taiwan an already independent State. Taiwan has been fought over by China’s Communist party after China’s KMT-Nationalist party was forced to find a place to live in de facto exile. Both Communist and KMT-Nationalist parties seem to be attempting to rewrite history, as the Taiwan education fiasco shows.
…Old rhetoric, made more official. More than sabre rattling, this is unsheathing and re-sheathing. Addresses investment, military, space, sea, and “protecting overseas interests… through military action if necessary”.
…Accused of, more or less, re-writing history, showing that accurate history telling is a growing controversy under the current government.
…Apparently, this is a really big issue.
Source: Pacific Daily Times
- CX cargo having problems? (pprune.org)
- Apple Watch reaches 7 New Countries; To 3 More in July (thenewstribe.com)
- At least 13 foreign nationals injured in New Taipei party fire (wantchinatimes.com)
- RF Acquires China Offices of Japanese Partner (odwyerpr.com)
- Hong Kong Votes Down Beijing-Backed Election Plan (oneislandtwonationsblogspotcom.typepad.com)
- #tbt The Hong Kong Handover (hongkongaccordingtoken.com)
- Hong Kong rejects Jetstar budget airline bid (nzherald.co.nz)
- HK rejects Jetstar joint venture bid (news.com.au)
- China, Taiwan each making efforts to absorb the other peacefully (chinadailymail.com)
- Prelude to Conflict: Asia, February 23 | Symphony (chinadailymail.com)
Categories: Cadence Column