The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media:
Li Yidong, chief engineer of the drone, said that the Yilong is among the world’s best drones of similar functions and it lags behind US and other Western counterparts by less than a decade in overall functions.
The report says there are quite a lot of users of the Yilong at home and abroad, and China has exported tens of Yilong drones.
The report concludes that Yilong users who have also used similar US products have revealed that some of Yilong’s functions are much better then its US counterpart.
Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Chief engineer: Yilong drone among world best, lags behid the US less than 10 years” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Chinese media fakes editorial by famed western journalist to glorify China (chinadailymail.com)
- China responds to US ‘provocations’ in South China Sea by a direct challenge, increasing building on artificial islands (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media: China will challenge the US in South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media says US is China’s only deadly threat because US fears losing world leadership (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media says China’s hypersonic missiles can neutralise America’s ICBMs (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s Drone Takes Flight on Disaster Stricken Xinjiang (chinatopix.com)
- 42,000 unmanned Chinese military craft by 2023 (darkgovernment.com)
- U.S. Military Is Investing Big On Drones And Missiles (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- China’s drone army is being built (techi.com)
- CHINA’S DRONE ARMY Pentagon: Beijing to spend $10B to build new fleet (foxnews.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace