It said that China’s efforts in developing large aircraft have reached the harvesting stage.
General assembly of China’s AG600, the world’s largest amphibious aircraft, began yesterday and construction of China’s C919 airliner will begin soon.
China’s large military transport aircraft, the Y-20, has undergone various difficult test flights under very demanding weather and geographical conditions for two years and is expected to be delivered soon.
With a takeoff load of 50 tons, the AG600 is larger than the amphibious aircraft of Russia and Japan, the only two countries in the world that produce such aircraft.
It is a powerful vehicle for fighting forest fires and marine rescue. It can take 12 tons of water in 12 seconds and let down all the water on a fire in 4 seconds.
For marine rescue, it can land on the water near the area of an accident to send lifeboats to take 50 victims onto it.
The large amphibious aircraft is developed primarily for rescuing Chinese naval crews in case of war.
The report stresses the tremendous driving force of the large aircraft industry for China’s economy, as the innovation and creation in the aviation industry will bring along 16 times of the innovation and creation in other industries. That will give rise to an industry of the scale of US$16 billion.
The report continues that the world should not fail to notice China’s tremendous efforts in developing three types of large aircraft at the same time.
The unnamed person in charge of developing large aircraft said that China is capable of developing a new type of large aircraft in 8 to 10 years, just like developed Western countries.
Source: CCTV – “China-made large aircrafts, new driving force for China’s manufacturing industries” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- US warns China that Washington will not remain passive if aggression continues (chinadailymail.com)
- China is committed to making territorial disputes worse (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s leader is telling the People’s Liberation Army to prepare for war (chinadailymail.com)
- U.S. proposes military challenge to China over South China Sea claims (chinadailymail.com)
- Xi Jinping’s China is the greatest political experiment on Earth (chinadailymail.com)
- China military to investigate who owns its land (thehindu.com)
- China passes national security law: officials (capitalfm.co.ke)
- Beijing’s South China Sea runway ‘nearly complete’: US think-tank (dailystar.com.lb)
- China needs long-range strategic bomber: state media (defencetalk.com)
- Chinese Hinting They Will Develop New Strategic Bomber (matthewaid.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace