The following is based on a translation of a report on a Chinese news site:
In the second year after its equipment was replaced by a new-type long-range rocket artillery a few years ago, it has destroyed all the moving target vessels at sea in a live ammunition drill.
The report describes how hard the troops’ trained 14 hours a day for seven days a week without taking leave and were finally able to achieve a much higher hitting rate than required.
Jinan Military Region covers part of China’s eastern coast.
The long-range rocket artillery is expected to be used for long-range coastal defence against invading navy coming from the east.
Source: mil.huanqiu.com “China’s new-type rocket artillery destroys moving target vessels at sea: There was for a time difficulty in passing oral orders” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China’s formidable rocket artillery; 10,000 nuclear warheads capable of destroying Russia and United States (chinadailymail.com)
- China conducts live-ammunition anti-submarine drill to train reserve military staff for a future war (chinadailymail.com)
- China doubles its amphibious infantry for potential Taiwan invasion (chinadailymail.com)
- China to test fly CZ-V rocket in 2016, in preparation for lunar mission (chinadailymail.com)
- China preparing for drone warfare (chinadailymail.com)
- 10 PLA officers promoted to general (wantchinatimes.com)
- China Conducts Air, Sea Drills in South China Sea (onenewspage.us)
- What the blowup between North and South Korea may really have been about (dailymail.co.uk)
- China’s PLA launches massive war games in South China Sea (spacewar.com)
- China Conducts Air, Sea Drills in S. China Sea (voanews.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace