The following is based on translations of reports on Chinese news sites:
What attracts web users’ keen attention is the
The test was difficult as it was the test of a “trans-generation flying vehicle” with its unique manner of the flight, far greater speed and height and the short time allowed for preparations of the test.
The professionals of the test flight team are in charge of the various tasks of design, planning and command for the test flight.
According to the report, a few hours after taking off, the task of the flight was completed.
A dark-coloured aircraft was seen diving close to the runway of the airfield.It then flattened and landed smoothly.
The report says, “The test flight this time realised the test centre’s breakthrough in the area of hypersonic test flight. It marks the increasing maturity of the test centre in the area of test flight technology of that type of aircraft.”
The report continues that the aircraft tested is something like the US X-51A but China does not yet have the technology to have a hypersonic aircraft like the X-51A that can fly for hours.
Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Does China’s hypersonic flying vehicle look like that?” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China has made successful test flights of new types of advanced aircraft engines (chinadailymail.com)
- China Secretly Conducts Second Flight Test Of New Ultra High-Speed Missile (chinadailymail.com)
- PLA expert says China will not be a rival to US for at least 50 years (chinadailymail.com)
- China preparing for drone warfare (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media says China’s hypersonic missiles can neutralise America’s ICBMs (chinadailymail.com)
- China may have conducted test flight of world’s fastest aircraft (wantchinatimes.com)
- China conducts fifth test of new hypersonic glide vehicle (silveristhenew.com)
- China’s incremental step from hypersonic missile to air launched hypersonic drone (nextbigfuture.com)
- The China Challenge: The weapons the PLA didn’t show (sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com)
- Russia Is Concerned About America’s Far-Off Space Weapons (motherboard.vice.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace