The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media:
The information was provided by Major General Qin Youquan, an expert on informationalised defence engineering of the Third Engineer Scientific Research Institute of PLA General Staff Department.
The report provides little information about China’s advanced integrated defence technology to neutralise enemy precision-guided weapons but makes known what China is developing in its active defence.
It says that in modern informationalised war, the key technology for territorial defence is entirely unconventional and that China has already begun to develop anti-satellite weapons, high-end anti-missile weapons, aerospace aircraft and space war flying vehicles.
In such key technology, emphasis is placed on the diversion and induced explosion technology for super low and short-range defence that neutralises precision-guided weapons with resourceful measures of hiding, deceiving and attacking.
Source: PLA Daily “Expert on diversion and induced explosion that neutralize enemy weapons” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China claims successful attack on Japanese military satellite; destroyed control chip with “secret weapon” (chinadailymail.com)
- China Launches Three ASAT Satellites: Small maneuvering orbiters include one with a robotic arm (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s President Xi urges greater military use of space (chinadailymail.com)
- China missile test highlights space weapons threat; can destroy US satellites (chinadailymail.com)
- China preparing for drone warfare (chinadailymail.com)
- Did Chinese President Xi Jinping refer to “sword of Damocles” in speech? (ask.metafilter.com)
- The Red Swan? China’s Military “Strongly Opposed” To Large Scale Troops Cuts (brotherjohnf.com)
- China’s Military: Mighty Dragon or Paper Tiger? (nationalinterest.org)
- US Policy Upset, China Military Now in Syria. Michael Rivero (thedailycoin.org)
- Let’s Pretend: What Happens If the US and China Clash in the Pacific? (revolutionradio.org)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace