The following is based on a translation of a report on a Chinese news site:
A report on news.qq.com says that China’s Z-11WB armed helicopter conducted its successful first test flight recently.
It is a ground attack, reconnaissance and anti-terrorism light armed helicopter developed on the basis of China’s homegrown AC311 helicopter, to be delivered to the PLA in 2016.
Therefore, China’s helicopter is superior to the AH-64D, and the technology is superior.
The report says that the Z-11WB was developed to support China’s Z-10 attack helicopters.
Source: news.qq.com “Maiden flight of Z-11WB helicopter, a “golden partner” that Z-10s have waited for a long time” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China shows off powerful new turboshafts for China’s versions of Apache and Osprey helicopters (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s world first air-to-air missile for helicopters, the Feiyan-90 (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media claims US allies provided secret military assistance to China in defiance of international weapons embargo (chinadailymail.com)
- China says its home-grown large aircraft are a new driving force for China’s manufacturing sector (chinadailymail.com)
- China says its long-range aircraft carrier killer ballistic missiles confound US spies (chinadailymail.com)
- PLA’s next-gen attack helicopter due in next five years: expert (wantchinatimes.com)
- Guangzhou Police acquires one Airbus Helicopters H145. (linkybird.com)
- China, Russia plan new heavy-lift helicopter (spacedaily.com)
- Boeing to open assembly plant in China (bbc.co.uk)
- Pro Line Fusion for Commercial Helicopters (aviationweek.com)
Categories: Defence & Aerospace