The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media:
According to chinanews.com’s report, China’s EAST physical experiment in Hefei, Anhui Province has achieved plasma electric generation by nuclear fusion for 102 seconds at a temperature of 50 million degree Celsius
This is longer than the 60 seconds EU and Japanese scientists have achieved.
China’s EAST is a Tokamak magnetic plasma confining device for generation of electricity with nuclear fusion, which, if it succeeds, will provide unlimited cheap energy.
EAST’s target is to achieve 1,000 seconds of generation at 100 million degree Celsius, which hopefully may enable peaceful application of nuclear fusion.
Source: chinanews.com “China’s ‘man-made sun’ generates electricity for 102 seconds, the world longest so far” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Chinese Officials Apologize for Gross Photoshop Ineptitude (chinadailymail.com)
- Is China Really Ready for the Next Influenza Outbreak? (chinadailymail.com)
- China bird flu outbreak: 3 good, 3 bad and 3 very bad signs (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s ‘ingenious detective’ investigated for wrongfully imprisoning innocent people (chinadailymail.com)
- China holds murder trial of ex-leader’s wife in secret (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s ‘man-made sun’ sees ground-breaking progress (financialexpress.com)
- That’s cute Germany – China shows the world how fusion is done (go.theregister.com)
- Germany launches landmark nuclear fusion experiment (newstimeafrica.com)
- Nuclear fusion energy experiment turned on in Germany (wired.co.uk)
- Fraud on a Chinese Scale: 900,000 Investors Deprived of $7.6 billion (financemagnates.com)
Categories: Mining & Energy