China is deploying weapons. The US is responding with pressure—mostly economic, some political, always involving alliances. Money and trade are atop the list.
China’s unusual manipulation of its money is documented and under more scrutiny than ever.
According to Chinese State-run media, China has weapons on disputed islands by right. According to the government, US concern over militarizing those islands is “hype”. Still, Asean is watching the Pacific and so is Bloomberg.
Source: Pacific Daily Times
- Hun Sen Rebukes Critics of Cambodian Foreign Policy (voacambodia.com)
- US and ASEAN Have ‘Shared Vision’ in Resolving Maritime Disputes Peacefully (chinatopix.com)
- South China Sea dispute: Chinese missiles in Paracels (smh.com.au)
- 7 charts that show why the tit for tat over crumbs in the South China Sea isn’t for nothing (businessinsider.com)
- White House role in undermining South China’s Region (newsghana.com.gh)
- Malaysia joins the stand against China in South China Sea dispute (chinadailymail.com)
- Japan considering joint US air patrols to show China they don’t own the South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese admiral says South China Sea belongs to China – because it has ‘China’ in its name (chinadailymail.com)
- Asean chief says ‘can’t accept’ China’s South China Sea claims (chinadailymail.com)
- Philippines urges unity for South East Asian nations in China sea dispute (chinadailymail.com)
Categories: Cadence Column